SMS Titan Cambridge Rollers are extremely versatile tools for working on arable land as well as for maintaining permanent grasslands. Key features are the robustness and rigidity of the frame, which is constructed from thick-walled steel profile, and high-tensile steel. Special attention has been given to the oversize dimensioning of the outer frame wing pivots. Another advantage is the ability to adapt the machine for various agricultural functions and differing soil conditions.
Operation of the machine is very comfortable. All functions can be controlled from the tractor cab, including folding the machine between transport and working positions, hydraulic adjustment of the front levelling bar, and the operation and monitoring of the seeding machine.
Each of the equipment options above can be configured in various ways depending on the farmer’s specific needs and farming conditions:
Recommended seeding machines
PS300 (300 ltr seed tank) and PS500 (500 ltr seed tank) have two fans with either electric drive (8 outlet hoses) or hydraulic drive (16 outlet hoses). PS800 (800 ltr seed tank) has a single hydraulically driven
fan with 16 or 32 outlet hoses.
Seeders are equipped with a full seed rate monitoring and control unit for all seeding functions from the tractor cab.
If the roller is to be equipped with an optional seeding machine, we recommend adding the rear access loading platform to ensure the comfort and safety of the operator when loading seed into the tank.
- Depending on its version, the machine can be attached to the tractor by an upper or a lower type hitch using either a fixed or swivelling towing eye. Another option is a 2-point crossbar connected to the lower arms of the tractor, or a K80 type ball and socket hitch.
- Roller sections are mounted with UCF210 self-aligning ball bearings in high strength GGG50 ductile iron housings. If working in extreme conditions with many foreign objects in a field, the roller section can be equipped with rubber-encased housings for extended bearing life and protection.
- A pneumatic or hydraulic braking system that, when fitted with a sufficiently dimensional axle, allows a transport speed of up to 40km/hr.
- Regulation lighting system for travelling on public roads.
- Hydraulic folding system to unfold the machine into the working position using a hydraulic cylinder connected to a hydraulic pressure accumulator. This system ensures full contour float and flexibility of the roller sections and, with adjustable pressure, gives totally uniform weight distribution across the full working width of the machine. At the same time, the outer roller sections can travel up to +/- 30cm vertically in both directions. See photo below.
- Model CVH630 has a mechanically-operated parking leg.
- Model CVH830 has a hydraulically-operated parking leg which stows neatly under the drawbar during work.
- The roller ring sections are secured by a large locking nut system on the end of the axle. This gives absolute reliability against the rings turning on the axle and allows for adjustment and tightening of the ring sections during the working life of the machine.
- When the machine is folded into the transport position for road travel, the outer gangs are fixed into the transport carriage frame by means of a hydraulic pressure switch. When activated, this switch locks out the hydraulic folding cylinders and automatically ensures the correct seating position of the roller sections.
|Model||CVH 630||CVH 830|
|Working width (mm)||6300||8300|
|Transport width (mm)||2340||2320|
|Weight inc heavy duty hydraulic crossboard (kg)||4550||5950|
|Weight without heavy hydraulic crossboard (kg)||4200||5200|
|Working speed (km/h)||10-13||10-13|
|Power source (kW)||70/130||100/160|
|*Weight including heavy duty hydraulic and seeder PS 800 (kg)||4800||6200|