A FLEXIBLE GRASS DIRECT DRILL PERFECT FOR SOWING CLOVER, GRASS, FODDER CROPS, COVER CROPS, SETASIDE MIXES AND CEREALS INTO EXISTING SWARDS OR BURN OFF
Over the past few years costs have been rising for all inputs. Economics dictate that grass swards must be productive so reseeding and stitching of existing swards is of great importance.
Direct Drill Slit Seeding
Subject to adequate temperature, moisture is the single most important element needed for germination.
By cutting a slit in the ground a natural moisture trap is produced so that seed germination is maximised and the young seedling is sheltered whilst it anchors its roots directly into the soil so
minimising losses as grazing commences.
If a slit is cut too deep the seedling can fail as it will run out of energy and if cut too shallow then it can lose out on the advantages of the slit, therefore good depth control is essential.
Sports fields apart, grass fields are undulating so depth control is more difficult. Most drills have a sprung loaded system to help cope with undulations. However the download pressures needed for a grass drill to do its job reduces the flexibility of these devices and can severely compromise depth control where there are ground contours as all the weight can be concentrated over several coulters.
With auto contour a secondary suspension system is incorporated to increase flexibility.
The drill frames are partitioned into 1m sections and the download is applied to each by a hydraulic ram. The rams are linked to each other so download per frame equalises despite undulations.
This is seen by the changing ram positions as the machine goes down the field and proven by the consistency of the cuts.
- Galvanised Frame
- Unique auto-contour system
- Nikrom rams
- Large twin roller 3206 bearing twin sealed greaseable for reliability.
- Large 40mm rubbers
- Counter-opposed single disk system
- Large platform giving easy access to hopper
- Transparent, domed distribution head
- Lights as standard
- Kverneland/Accord metering unit, mechanical drivelink and ground wheel provide a very robust and simple unit.
- Stainless steel and plastic hopper assembly.
- Simple area clock on metering unit shows area sown.
- 400L plastic hopper as standard (other sizes available on request).
- Large 1000L hopper
- Rear harrow (single or double element) helps dust more fines into the slot and helps neutralise chemical repression
- Front harrow where the drill is to be used in conjunction with conventional tillage or with reekie harrow to reduce repression from chemical
- Bout markers
- Farmflex roller ideal for drilling on cultivated ground
- Sprung loaded eradicators
- Second hopper and double Entry coulters for fertilizer
- Small seed kit
- 3m 24 Row
- 3m 32 Row
- 4m 32 Row Folding
Galvanised elements help longevity when the machine is being used with lots of manure.
Rams supplied with marine specification Nikrom rods which give excellent reliability long term
Transparent, domed distribution head gives even distribution across all coulters across slopes and up and down hills. The visible seed flow allows the operator to see that everything is metering okay and the change in noise as seed runs out means that a separate low level of sensor is not required.
The direct drill disk system works at a pronounced angle reducing pressure on the seed coulter and enabling good finish. The slot effectively opens up to form a small band and the flexing of the soil produces tilth to provide a better environment for the young seedling to establish and flourish.